Women have been using tampons since the ’90s. The use of sanitary wear to take up menstrual fluid is very essential and part of every woman’s life. The presence of materials like tampon has been convenient for women, but not without setbacks. A lot of women would often restrict activities when they are on their period due to the shortcomings that are found with sanitary pads and tampons.
The use of menstrual cups was introduced to make it much easier and convenient for women to go through their period reducing cost, and the need to curtail activities. Yet a lot of women are still new to the idea and the key benefits of menstrual cups. Menstrual cups are basically produced with silicon and latex cups and can be worn like a diaphragm or tampon. However, it has its own many unique features.
Menstrual cups vs. Tampons
- Menstrual cups can be reused while tampons can’t be reused
- Menstrual cups are more comfortable and convenient and can be used for activities unlike tampons and sanitary pads.
- Menstrual cups do not contain any allergic materials while some tampon brands may cause allergies for some women.
- Women who have not used menstrual cups might find it strange to insert but if you have used tampons, it won’t be difficult
- Menstrual cups just need to be pushed in the vagina and not up to the cervix unlike Tampons
5 key benefits of using menstrual cups
A lot of women are becoming quite used to menstrual cups as they become educated about it. For young women, it can be a fear of putting it in and also disposing of it. Here are 5 key benefits of menstrual cup, and why you should opt for them, instead of tampons.
- They can save up a lot of cost for you. You might only need to change your menstrual cup a few times in a year, this is if you so wish. There are also disposable menstrual cups if that is what you want. You would be saving over half of the fraction of money you spend on sanitary pads and tampons.
- Menstrual cups last longer, so you don’t have to change it all the time if you flow heavy as you would with sanitary pads. A menstrual cup can take up to 30ml of menstrual flow and can last 12 hours.
- It is irritant-free because it is not composed of any material that can cause allergies.
- You don’t have to worry about odor, no matter how heavy it gets, because it is inside your body. It cannot interact with air to cause an ooze of menstrual odor.
- With menstrual cups placed just inside your walls, safely. It allows you to have sexual intercourse if you want to, freeing you up for more activities that you would be otherwise constrained to.
These 5 key benefits of menstrual cups make it a very feminine material to use ensuring that a woman is free and comfortable to do more as she so wishes. fffff00000